Learning Support Assistant (1 to 1)
Twydall Primary School (Rainham Mark Education Trust) is looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant (1 to 1) to join our team of dedicated people, with a passion for working within a school environment. We are looking for a positive thinker with the right skills to join our unique learning environment.
The post requires the applicant to:
- Support a pupil with physical disabilities and medical needs including with personal/intimate care
- Establish positive relationships with pupils and empathise with their needs
- Provide levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to pupil’s needs
- Monitor the pupil’s response to the learning activities and, where appropriate, modify or adapt the activities as agreed with the teacher to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- Carry out and report on systematic observations of pupils’ knowledge, understanding and skills
- Assist in the recording of lessons and assessment as required by the teacher.
Ideally, applicants should have experience of personal care and providing access to learning for pupils with physical disabilities/medical needs and appropriate qualifications.
At Twydall Primary school, we foster a shared vision of the 4 C’s, Care Courtesy, Consideration and Commitment. The school has circa 400 pupils and is a central part of the local Community, with large grounds, and an excellent outdoor learning environment. Twydall Primary School is a unique school and has been praised by Ofsted on our Inclusion provisions.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments are subject to successful references and a satisfactory enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure
Closing Date for applications: Monday 20th September 2021 via e-mail to email@example.com or by hand to the school office
Interviews to be held: tbc