Sports Premium Funding
The government provides this funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, and each scool can choose how they do this.
Twydall Primary School is utilising Sports Premium Funding in the following areas:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with teachers for PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
Please find attached document detailing funding for 2017-2018 activities, allocations and impact.