Learning Support Assistant - part-time/afternoons
Twydall Primary School (Rainham Mark Education Trust) is looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to join our team of dedicated people, with a passion for working within a school environment.
You will be required to work from 1.15 - 3.15 Monday to Friday (10 hours per week term time only). Please note this is a temporary position until 20 July 2018
We are looking for a positive thinker with the right skills to join our ‘inclusive to be exclusive’ learning environment.
You will support the class teacher in the teaching and well-being of the children to achieve the targets set in their personal learning by providing learning support within class. This will include working within small groups and where necessary, be assigned to individual pupils in order to support pupils’ learning and progress. This particular role has an emphasis on reading and spending time with individual pupils listening to them read and reporting progress to the class teacher.
The post requires the applicant to be able:
- To use language and other communication skills that pupils can understand and relate to.
- To establish positive relationships with pupils and empathise with their needs.
- To demonstrate active listening skills.
- To consistently and effectively implement agreed behaviour management strategies.
- To work effectively and supportively as a member of the school team.
- To work within and apply all school policies, e.g. Behaviour Management, Child Protection, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, etc.
- To relate sympathetically to children.
- To promote social skills in children.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed at all times.
Salary: Grade: D2 – £16,123 - £20,138 per annum, pro rata.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments are subject to successful references and a satisfactory enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure
Please complete the attached application form and equal opportunities form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please e-mail or call 01634 231761.
Application closing date: Monday 12th March 2018 5pm